We started clearing the district office landscape beds in April. I think we got the new plants in and the mulch spread by the end of June. Since then I have been periodically weeding out the liriope which was missed. Today I found more liriope, but also now we are in the fall seed-sprouting season. The seeds of a weedy vetch, along with other seeds, are still in the soil from previous summers and they have sprouted copiously. I expect these to be a problem for several years, as they are still showing up in other beds that we have had under control for at least a couple of years. It took about two hours of hoeing, raking and mulching to clean the beds once more.
The baldcypress in front of the building is changing to an attractive mottled green-and-gold.
Thoughts on the park, its residents and how to preserve its natural beauty.