As you know, Pocahontas State Park was created for the use of many user groups. In accordance with previous years, the park will be opening several delineated areas of the park for hunting. There will be two different types of hunts this year and the dates are as follows:
1) Managed Hunts
- November 7-12, 2016 south of beach road only (Bright Hope area). This entire section will be closed to all users except hunters.
- December 5-7, 2016 the entire park will be closed to other users.
- December 13-15, 2016 the entire park will be closed to other users.
2) Permit Hunt (by permit only)
- This will be an archery only deer only hunt.
- Will be allowed Monday thru Thursday only (No hunting Friday through Sunday).
- Duration: October 3, 2016 through February 23, 2017.
- Hunters will be required to be at least 50 yards away from any road, trail, or path intended for use by humans.
- The attached map shows the permitted hunt areas. Yes the swift creek trails area is included.