ATTENTION PARK USERS
As you know, Pocahontas State Park was created for the use of many user groups. In accordance with previous years, the park will be opening several delineated areas of the park for hunting. There will be two different types of hunts this year and the dates are as follows:
1) Managed Hunts
- November 7-12, 2016 south of beach road only (Bright Hope area). This entire section will be closed to all users except hunters.
- December 5-7, 2016 the entire park will be closed to other users.
- December 13-15, 2016 the entire park will be closed to other users.
2) Permit Hunt (by permit only)
- This will be an archery only deer only hunt.
- Will be allowed Monday thru Thursday only (No hunting Friday through Sunday).
- Duration: October 3, 2016 through February 23, 2017.
- Hunters will be required to be at least 50 yards away from any road, trail, or path intended for use by humans.
- The attached map shows the permitted hunt areas. Yes the swift creek trails area is included.
10/22/2016 08:59:42 am
I was wondering how you obtain a Archery permit to hunt Pocahontas park? Also how much it cost?
10/22/2016 09:00:15 am
I was wondering how you obtain a Archery permit to hunt Pocahontas park?
12/31/2016 02:36:43 pm
go to the park office and apply. I just found out today. The lady told me you fill out an application and pay 20 bucks and they will review it and make a determination. She wouldnt tell me what the factors are to determine if you will be given a permit. Have you looked into it. I dont want to go pay 20 dollars and them say all slots are full or there is a limit etc. does anyone have info on the application process
11/3/2017 06:53:20 am
Is small game hunting with an air rifle permitted in any area? Do you require any special permit for it?
Leave a Reply.